Fire needs three elements to ignite and burn: heat, oxygen, and fuel. A high-pressure water mist system fights fire through both primary and secondary mechanisms which affect these three elements.
- Cooling gases
- Displacing oxygen and flammable vapors
- Wetting the fuel
- Suppressing heat radiation from fire
- Weakening kinetic energy from fire
The HI-FOG® water mist system fights fire on many fronts. This makes it an effective fire suppression system against different types of fires, including both solid and liquid-based fires.
When water is fed through HI-FOG sprinklers at high pressure, it produces fine water mist. High-pressure water mist has many benefits:
- High pressure produces a larger water mist surface area than low-pressure sprinkler systems. A larger surface area is more effective.
- Powerful heat-absorbing capability prevents the fire from spreading and makes evacuation safer.
- Small droplet size makes vaporization effective, and oxygen is displaced efficiently.
- Effective vaporization cools down hot combustion gases. This protects the area surrounding the fire from heat damage.
Fire testing has shown that HI-FOG water mist systems used significantly less water to suppress fires compared to a traditional sprinkler system.
Water is a valuable natural resource and should not be wasted. With the HI-FOG system, you can protect yourself and your property while conserving nature. What’s more, in some locations extra water might not be readily available, so preserving water can be a necessity.